Wednesday, July 4, 2007

7/4 - LHR


So, I made it in to London Heathrow at 6am, spent an hour or so in a maze of tunnels and moving walkways, got a stamp in my passport, "reclaimed" my bag, finally found Cyprus Air and re-checked in. I have to admit, it smelled a little bad down there and by the time I got up to the international flights, all I could think about was CYO basketball practice where you're hot and sweaty, but somebody left the gym door open, so you're freezing at the same time. The first song I heard in London was "Dancing Queen". The only song stuck in my head for the next 3 hours was "Dancing Queen."


When they finally released the gate number like it was some sort of lottery, I got to the gate and found 5 of the other 9 kids (2 had taken an earlier flight and 2 are still on their way). A freezing and turbulent 4 hour flight later, we arrived in Larnaca, grabbed our bags, some Cypriot pounds and were on our way. Now we're relaxing comfortably at the Antonis G Hotel Apartments in Larnaca, working our way through the showers, and planning to go out and toast to the 4th. Hope you're out enjoying some fireworks!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! You made it! We did toast to you last night, our little world traveler. We didn't see any fireworks either, so don't feel bad. Cinder sends her hellos and best wishes -- she is looking forward to some photos of the beach and your room!